Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Change of Plans: Level - Intimidating

Just got a call from my training-for-his-umpteenth-race brother.  He is really supportive and excited about my taking up running too and has asked me to go on his short run with him today. "I'm only doing four miles," he says, "We can go at your pace," he says, "No pressure," he says.... Well.... You are my big brother/running role model.... No pressure my less fat ass.

This guy usually runs at a 7:00 - 9:00 pace depending on the length of the run. Me?? Oh, I run at a 12:00 pace. So basically you could speed walk beside me. Great match we are huh?

So to this nonsense I of course responded, okay.

So now I am going on a 4 mile run (a distance I have only run once) with my big brother at 5:00pm today. I am, by no fault of his, intimidated and just a tidge petrified.

Never the less, I will run with him to prove to myself that I can do it and to kick start running outside. I have been talking about starting to run outside now that it is down in the 90's again.... so, what the crap, why not today?

Wish me luck and Pray for me.
Pray for me lots.

No comments:

Post a Comment