Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A Recipe, Some lunches, and an Epic Fail

Last night I had to use the other half of a turkey sausage that was left over from our Red Bean and Rice the other night. So, to keep with the cajun theme, I decided to whip up some Jambalaya for me and Mister's supper and thought "why not share this shit show cooking experience and tasty recipe on the blog"

So here is kind of a recipe for jambalaya (I eyeball everything so these are just guesstimations):

Jambalaya:

Ingredients:
1 Chicken Breast (chopped)
1 or 1/2 Turkey Sausage (chopped)
1/2 cup Celery (diced)
1/2 cup Onion (minced)
2 cups Minute Rice
2-3 T Canola Oil
2 tsp Creole Seasoning
Dash Cayenne Pepper Powder
Dash Garlic Salt


Finely chop up the onion and celery. Add celery, onion, and canola oil to a large skillet and saute until softened. While that is cooking make the Minute Rice as specified on the box.

Then add chopped cooked chicken and sausage to the celery/onion pan. (I had a pice of chicken left from chicken salad and used it.) Add one tsp of the creole seasoning and mix well.

Next add the rice and the rest of the seasonings (creole, cayenne, garlic salt) to the skillet and mix well.

Side Note: I usually end up adding more creole seasoning. So give it a taste and add more if you want it spicier.


Finished Product.

Mister on his 3rd helping. No leftovers tonight! (We ate in front of the tv because the season finale of TopGear was on and we love us some TG!)
I thought that, since I am already reaching picture parade status, I might as well share Monday and Tuesday's lunches from Gma's this week!

Monday: Chicken Salad Wrap, Yellow Watermelon, Grapes, and 1/2 Pear


Tuesday: Gma's Goulache with plenty of cheese! First time I've ever had her goulache and it was fantastic and WAY different than my Nanny's, which, not unlike Lucky Charms, is magically delicious.
 Now I'm sure you are exicted to hear of my epic running fail yesterday.
I don't know what happened!
I felt super stoked about it going in. Then 10 minutes later I was walking out and getting in my car.
I was not feeling it yesterday. Once I got on the TM I started hating the fact that I was there. So I finished up a mile and threw in the towel.
I don't want to try and force myself to run when I don't want to because I'm worried that it will make me start to resent doing it all together.
Today I am feeling motivated again and am hoping for a much less lame workout this evening.

Projected Workout for Today:
  1. Run - 4 Easy Miles
What are you planning for your workout today?

What is your favorite family recipe? Does it ever come out the way your Mom/Gma makes it?

No comments:

Post a Comment