Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Weigh In Wednesday - Kick the Plateau

There is no possible way I can eliquently express the amount of stoked that I am after this morning's weigh in. So, I am just going to go with a few onomatopoeias (that's right I used a huge word...10 Vocab Points!),
Anyway I feel like WOOOT! BLAM!! And some jazz hands.

Weight this week: 168.7
Weight last week: 171.0

For anyone with poor math skills that is a 2.3 pound loss for the week... Holy Crap is right!!
I am so pumped to see the results of my hard work FINALY pay off again.  I had hit a plateau and have been between 173 and 171 for weeks now.
I haven't weighed under 170 in 5 years!!

So if you have been getting discouraged because you have plateaued, do not give up! You just need to change things up a bit. Here are some things I changed last week that finally helped me get over that 170lb hump:
  1. Up your running pace by 15 seconds per mile. This is what my brother, the marathoner/trainer, told me would be a safe amount to speed up without it causing any injury (shin splints, achilles tendinitis, etc.). It wasn't too hard at all and it feels great to see your pace getting faster!
  2. Up your distance by 1/2 a mile to 1 miles per run. I went from running 3-3.5 miles to running 4-4.5 miles per run. I could tell after my first 4 miler that I should have up my mileage earlier because it wasn't much of a strain. Just listen to your body if a full mile seem extremely difficult and you feel like you are going to hurt yourself just do a 1/2 mile extra. Your body will let you know what it can handle.
  3. Take a vitamin. I am taking Prenatal Vitamins, B12, and Biotin. Prenatal vitamins are a great multivitamin even if you aren't pregnant or trying to get that way. B12 is good for metabolism and biotin is for skin, hair, and nails.
  4. Drink at least 2 liters of cold water every day. Don't you have to pee constantly? Yes, I pee at least once if not twice every hour. So what! If it would help me lose a few pounds I would pee every 10 minutes in a port-a-john! Also, I know some of you may not like water. If not, use the crystal light sticks or some MIO in your water and it will be like drinking Kool-Aid!!
  5. Do some form of exercise at least 4 days a week. Never Less!
That's it. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

You can do it! Kick that plateau's ass!



Banana for breakfast. Apple w/ PB for midmorning snack.
Projected Workout for Today:
  1. Run 1-2 Miles - Up pace by another 15 secs per mile (Haha secs - sex)
  2. 15 Minutes - Core
  3. 15 Minutes - Arms
If you have had a weigh in victory recently tell me about it!

Do you like using free weights or machines??

No comments:

Post a Comment